I talked to them today. You have to leave a message and they call you a few hours later. A volunteer (legal student) gets your questions and hands them to their supervisor (a specialized lawyer), and gets back to you with the answers within a few minutes. If more questions arise after hearing those answers, you get a call with the answers a few minutes later.
Instant, logical, concise, precise answers. Highly recommended!
They helped me bust a few myths that are going around and that made me fear applying for much needed help:
* No civic or other rights are withdrawn from you by law for registering formally with Bituach Leumi and/or the Welfare Ministry (Misrad HaRevaha) as an Aspie.
* You can still act as witness in Court.
* You receive the allowance from Bituach Leumi even if you own a car.
* You remain an independent citizen, no control or supervision of life decisions from any social worker or institution.
* Your driving license is NOT removed.
* There is absolutely no obligation to inform a prospective employer of your diagnosis.
* Employers, even if governmental, do not have access to that information from the State.
* Of course, if you plan to ask your employer for adjustments in the work environment for your AS, you have to inform them of your diagnosis.
Kol HaKavod for the wonderful initiative and service and good-natured good will of the volunteers!!!
Contact details of the clinic:
הקליניקה המשפטית לזכויות אנשים עם מוגבלויות
Bar Ilan University, Tel.: 03-5318373